If your home has recently suffered from the tragedy of a fire, it’s crucial to take immediate action and bring in an emergency fire damage restoration service. This is necessary for not only the health of your house and belongings but also for you and your family.
The toxic soup of byproducts from a house fire, including smoke, soot, and mold, can wreak havoc on your health, lingering for several weeks following the fire. The thick layer of smoke and soot becomes increasingly difficult to remove the longer you wait, so it’s important to act fast.
Our fire restoration professionals offer a look into the array of health consequences potentially brought on by a house fire and the steps you can take to avoid them.
The smoke released from any fire is the result of the incomplete combustion of burning materials. Unfortunately, many items like plastics, carpets, and fabrics, will not burn “cleanly,” resulting in the release of deadly chemicals.
Fire smoke contains a concoction of unwanted toxins, including, but not limited to:
While most Americans are aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide, which can cause headache, nausea, drowsiness, and eventually death, there are countless more chemicals released in fire smoke that can have a lethal effect. Carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide together create a “Deadly Duo,” which results in a significant portion of annual fire-related deaths.
Once the fire is put out, the risks are unfortunately not extinguished. Soot can deposit itself into nearly every room of your home, including the ventilation. It can lead to lung irritation and other health issues, including cancer. Additionally, any water used to put out the fire can lead to mold growth.
At Onsite Restoration, we understand the suffering that can be triggered by house fires. Let us help you recover - call (813) 579-5789.
The risks of fire byproducts are not extinguished with the fire, as soot can seep into the materials in your home and cause an array of health issues.
After experiencing a house fire, you may experience any of these various health consequences triggered by inflaming factors such as smoke and soot.
Inhaling smoke, as you might assume, can trigger intense coughing attacks. Even after the thick black fumes of smoke have settled, you remain at risk from the smoke damage that has been absorbed into the porous materials of your home, such as drywall, furniture, carpet, and wooden surfaces.
Smoke and soot byproducts can cause the following symptoms:
The byproducts from a house fire can cause severe skin irritation, and oftentimes, normal remedies such as lotion and moisturizers won’t solve the problem. For severe 3rd degree burns, make sure to seek medical attention immediately.
Any clothes present during the fire may still carry remnants such as soot and mold, which can unfortunately cause skin discomfort and irritation, so make sure to thoroughly clean any clothing. In some cases, clothing may have to be discarded.
A house fire and dealing with the aftermath can be a traumatic experience. Let Onsite Restoration help you move on through professional help and restoration. Call our team today - (813) 579-5789.
Smoke and soot will cause tearing and redness in the eyes. If rubbed, the eyes can become severely itchy and can even cause long-term damage.
In addition to the above issues, smoke damage can cause several long-term complications such as:
If you or a loved one has experienced the devastation of a fire, it is always a good idea to be seen by a medical doctor to ensure no serious health repercussions are taking place.
Learn More > How a House Fire Unfolds
The safest way to ensure the proper removal of smoke and soot damage is to hire a professional service that utilizes the proper tools and experience. Our team at Onsite Restoration uses high-quality personal protective equipment (PPE) including bodysuits, gloves, and breathing masks.
With the proper training and equipment, a professional fire restoration team can help you determine which of your belongings are more cost-effective to replace rather than restore.
The emotional turbulence of a house fire can truly be a roller coaster. At Onsite Restoration, we are available any time of day to fix up your home with great care, so don’t hesitate to call as soon as possible.
Our quick response time, advanced technology, and deeply rooted experience will make this process easier and more efficient for you and your family. Additionally, we can take the stress off your shoulders during this trying time by working with your insurance provider to ensure all of the necessary documentation is completed for your claim.
Fires can erupt at any time, so we’re available at any time. Don’t wait to make the call. Onsite Restoration is here to help whenever you need us - (813) 579-5789.